Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Sun Jan 12 12:20:51 CET 2003

From: "Caliban Tiresias Darklock" <caliban at darklock.com>
> From: "Marc Fielding" <fielding at computer.org>

>> This analysis has the additional complexity that a player has a
>> limited number of characters to scatter across multiple shards.

> Well, not really. It has the additional SIMPLIFICATION that all
> players play on one and only one server, and that we will
> magically accomplish putting each player's characters onto the
> same server without having to pay much attention to it.

To undercut my own arguments elsewhere, I need to point out that
even though players in Camelot *can* have a minimum of 8 characters
per server and 224 game-wide, the vast majority spend 75%+ of their
time on a single character.  I don't have exact figures at my
fingertips, but in excess of 80% of accounts fit that profile.  In
practice, multiple characters per server is something most players
do not make much use of.

--Dave