[MUD-Dev] re: There.Com

Amy Jo Kim amyjo at thereinc.com
Fri Jan 10 00:23:29 CET 2003

<de-lurking>

Actually, there is a BIG difference between There's business model
and Project Entropia: getting money OUT of the world. In Project
Entropia (as I understand it), you can convert money you earn
in-world into real-world currency. In THERE, you can earn and spend
ThereBucks (T$) but you can't convert that money back into cash. For
a monthly subscription, you get a cetain amount of T$ to spend - and
you can buy more if you like -- it's analogous to a cellphone
calling plan.

I can't share all the details of our pricing model, but I'm happy to
try to answer any questions you have about There. We're pretty
excited to finally be public, and I'm THRILLED to finally be able to
talk about my work at There!  Look forward to seeing some of you
online in the Beta test.