[MUD-Dev] Justification for audit trails in guilds?

eric ericleaf at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 22 11:06:54 CET 2003

From: "Zach Collins (Siege)" <zcollins at seidata.com>
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, eric wrote:

>> this as something like a neighbor hood watch. Your players are
>> resistant to the sorts of things that cause corruption, but by
>> the same token, you lose out of an entire makeup of humanity, for
>> simpilicity I'll just name them the corruptible or the power
>> seekers. Power is nothing if you can't abuse it. ;)

> And to round the corner, allowing that abuse is pointless if it
> can't be found and punished by others.

Right on! Without fear of punishment its not much of a challenge and
only weasels and bullies enjoy it. As another poster said this is
humanity, this is drama. The only thing I didn't like was that it
was out of character. It would be interesting if the whole vitual
goods to real world goods could be a closer part of a virtual
world. But you'd need a world where your real life has some story
reasoning. Are there any MUDs that acknowledge the fact that you are
part of a virtual world within its world design?