[MUD-Dev] MMORPG, buildings, is it bad to be just props?

Chris cholko at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 7 20:55:20 CET 2003

Recently the community relations person "Lila" for AC2 responded to a
player question, I found the response very interesting...

  Q:Will it be possible to EVER get into a building?

  A: Right now, there are no plans to add interiors to existing
  buildings... it all depends on functionality...if there is a good
  game play reason to create interiors for buildings, the Overseers
  will investigate then.

-------------------------

If your unfamilar with AC2, one part of the story line is that
players will help rebuild the cities.  Currently they are displayed
as a large mass of run down buildings.

What I am curious, does anyone think their approach makes any sense?
If the buildings cannot ever be entered are they just chrome?
Should they have just never been used in the first place?

My view is that its totally useless and actually a negative to have
this situaion (I do not play, my friend does).  Do any other MMORPGs
do this?  Any others contemplating this?  If so, why?

Chris

www.archonon.com