[MUD-Dev] Secondary characters as a mechanic

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Fri Feb 7 08:07:55 CET 2003

Brian Hook Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 5:56 PM

> Along with the standard "bigger stats, skills and stuff" reward
> system, how about augmenting it with more simultaneous characters?

After all this discussion about multiple characters, it occurred to
me that RetroMUD already has this.  We call them necromancers.

Necromancers literally build other NPCs they can control and party
with.  It explains why, although the guild is very challenging,
people still play it.  Now we know what's keeping a lot of our
MCSers satisfied -- because we gave them a legitimate way to use
them.

The NPC undead take as much (if not more) to build, so it's really
impressive when someone has a group of three of them led by a
Necromancer.  The catch: undead can't party with "normal" PCs.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org/talien