Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Tue Feb 4 01:06:41 CET 2003

Damion Schubert <damion at zenofdesign.com> wrote:

> By saying that you can only play one character, you are saying
> that your 60 hour a week player will have one hell of a
> blacksmith.  I have no idea how you think a 4 hour a week player
> can compete with him.

They can't.  Just like I can't compete in any other activity where I
spend 4 hours a week and someone else spends 60 hours a week working
on that activity, and vice versa.  I'm terrible at volleyball, and
my friend The Volleyball Jock is terrible at reading packet dumps.

Why is this a problem?  More generally, why should it be a problem
that people with different amounts of time invested end up with
different experiences an abilities?

Amanda Walker