[MUD-Dev] Virtual property lawsuit in China

Nicolai Hansen nic at aub.dk
Tue Aug 26 19:36:45 CEST 2003

>From Raph Koster:

> http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_812039.html?menu=news.quirkies

> A computer gamer is taking a software firm to court after he
> suddenly lost all of his virtual weapons.

I read that yesterday, too. It's scary isn't it? But with all this
ebay trading of online characters, virtual equipment are getting
close to having a real money value. So in one way the Red Moon
company made this poor guy lose money. They can probably hide behind
an EULA though ;)

Got me thinking ;) It was on this list there was some debate about
taxation of online values, wasn't it?

/Nic