[MUD-Dev] Java or LPC (DGD)?

ceo ceo at grexengine.com
Mon Aug 11 20:32:23 CEST 2003

Ben Chambers wrote:

> I know both well, and have arguments both ways.  Which language
> would be better to use when developing a MUD from scratch?

>   Java

>   LPC

I'm not going to make a recommendation either way for your other
question :), but...

FYI look at Hibernate for java persistence:

  http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/

  "Relational Persistence For Idiomatic Java

  Hibernate is a powerful, ultra-high performance object/relational
  persistence and query service for Java. Hibernate lets you develop
  persistent objects following common Java idiom - including
  association, inheritance, polymorphism, composition and the Java
  collections framework. Extremely fine-grained, richly typed object
  models are possible. The Hibernate Query Language, designed as a
  "minimal" object-oriented extension to SQL, provides an elegant
  bridge between the object and relational worlds. Hibernate is now
  the most popular ORM solution for Java...."

Adam M