[MUD-Dev] Crunch time

Matt Mihaly the_logos at ironrealms.com
Tue Aug 5 07:16:14 CEST 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Scott Jennings wrote:

> Plus, sucessful game companies tend to have good project managers
> anyway, who just happen to be geeks. Unsuccessful companies don't
> have crunch time, they have "When it's done" project schedules
> that tend to stretch into years.

I'll grant that we're a bit of an exception, but as a blanket
statement I think what you've said is untrue. We don't do crunch
times and we're highly profitable/successful. I'm not advocating
eliminating crunch time, particularly given the realities of market
pressures, technology advances, and publisher demands but in our
case technology advances and publisher demands are irrelevant.

--matt

"The eyes are not responsible
 when the mind does the seeing." - Publilius Syrus