[MUD-Dev] UO Advanced Character Service

Damion Schubert damion at ninjaneering.com
Wed Sep 25 11:31:15 CEST 2002

> --On Monday, September 23, 2002 9:10 AM -0400 amanda at alfar.com
> wrote:

>> It is possible that they do.  That does not seem to affect the
>> practice.  Even if they do oppose it, I could certainly
>> understand taking the tack "well, if they're going to buy xp,
>> they might as well buy it from us."

A huge reason why most games frown on eBay sales, officially or not,
is that there is no way to make the transactions secure, resulting
in players who claimed they were cheated on eBay with no way for GMs
to verify the accuracy of these claims.  Even if you are not
philosophically opposed to eBay sales, this is a huge problem.

One nice side effect of selling advancement themselves is that UO
controls all the variables, and hopefully this might result in fewer
cases of eBay fraud.

--d