[MUD-Dev] Morphable worlds, Reset based systems revisited

Colin Coghill C.Coghill at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 31 09:39:18 CET 2002

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 03:43:59PM -0600, brian hook wrote:

> Hey, great, but that's not addressing my point -- my point is that
> CounterStrike and BF1942 and Quake are examples of multiplayer
> games where you don't have to provide new content all the time in
> order to keep players interested.

In that vein, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Genocide MUD

  http://www.geno.org/

If it's still the same Mud I used to play all those years ago (looks
like it) then you have a world that resets many times a day. Zones
get rearranged, items get redistributed, everyone loses all their
gear and starts again. The only persistant thing is the number of
kills you've made and games you've won.

I think it has more in common with Quake or Unreal Tournament than
it does with the more traditional hack-n-slash MUDs, but it's still
rather fun and exciting.

- Colin