[MUD-Dev] Morphable worlds, Reset based systems revisited

Wed Oct 30 12:12:08 CET 2002

Matt Mihaly <the_logos at achaea.com> writes:
> On 28 Oct 2002, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

>> But then I suppose that adding new areas only caters for existing
>> players and not newbies?

> Not at all. We add new areas for newbies as they are needed.

Sure you do, but supporting newbies means improving what is already
there, not increasing the complexity by adding stuff.

> The first month entering a world is the most rewarding for you, or
> for all players? It's definitely not true in the latter case. In
> the former, well, can't please everyone.

In terms of the world, then yes. I think that is the case. In the
smaller primarily social ones or with building capabilites... not
sure.

>> Mm... yes. Maybe. But I want socializing through interaction, not
>> spamming.

> How is that spamming and not interaction? Two-way communication IS
> interaction.

On a chat channel, yes.

> It sounds to me like you're complaining about a handful of MUDs
> out of thousands of them. Maybe most of the graphical MUDs are
> like

*shrug* Not sure what you are saying. Most MUDs have next to no
players at all...

--
Ola - http://folk.uio.no/olag/