[MUD-Dev] Stunning success and catastrophic failure for skills. Ideas needed!

Britt Green shecky at experimentzero.org
Sat Oct 26 12:51:16 CEST 2002

I've come up with a list of about 60+ skills that I'd like my MUD to
have. If the player "rolls" a natural 100 on their skill roll, they
get a stunning success. Rolling a zero is a catastrophic
failure. The problem I'm running into is trying to equate these with
certain skills. For example, what's a catastrophic failure for
candlemaking? Stunning success?

I'm hoping that the creative readers of this list can give me some
excellent suggestions. The list of skills can be found here (its an
Excel file btw): http://www.experimentzero.org/Skills.xls

Thanks!

The ocean, she is strange and wondrous, filled with animals that disturb
even a Frenchman.