[MUD-Dev] Fw: [Nel] Would a complete gpl'ed and copylefted online gaming world be financialy succes?

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Thu Oct 10 09:27:57 CEST 2002

This post appeared on the NeL (http://www.nevrax.org) mailing
list. It seems that other people are evaluating making a
"commercial" GPL game. As far as I know Nevrax is doing something
similar by distributing their complete library under GPL and the
client, too. But they're not giving away the source code of the
server. I wonder how many problems they're going to have with people
hacking their client in order to cheat or to crash their
servers. And I suppose that we're going to see server emulators for
their game very soon.

Here's the extract:

--<cut>--