[MUD-Dev] Massive Online Gaming magazine

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Thu Oct 3 17:45:49 CEST 2002

From: "Matt Mihaly" <the_logos at achaea.com>
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Dr. Cat wrote:

>> "big 5" games (UO, EQ, DAOC, AO, AC), and a few pages each on the
>> "second tier" games (currently Lineage, WW2 Online, and
>> Furcadia),

> *boggles* What's the rationale for calling Lineage second-tier
> while putting AO at first-tier??

Magazine is in english, and sold in the US/Canada.  In the US
market, calling Lineage second-tier is generous, Jumpgate might have
more customers in the states than Lineage.  It's definitely too big
too ignore, even if nobody can explain why.  Myself, I think the
secret to Lineage is pretty simple, Bloodpledge's (more than just a
guild, they tend to be players from the same internet bhang) and
their territorial dominance gameplay with castles and sieges (a form
of PGC that works *very* well for them).

--Dave