[Mud-Dev] Article on Griefers

Stephen Miller stephen at pagemiller.com
Wed Oct 2 00:41:55 CEST 2002

9/3/2002 2:32:41 PM, "Rayzam" <rayzam at travellingbard.com> wrote:

>   http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-fi-grief2sep02005045.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dtechnology

> GRIEFERS RELISH THE DARK SIDE OF CAMELOT

I am a "reasonably" intelligent person.  I also have a capacity for
the enjoyment of art, passion, and loving relationships.  But, I am
also a highly competitive person.  I enjoy inserting myself into a
harsh world with players who desire my death simply because I exist.
It is pure challenge and it makes my accomplishments all the more
valuable.  I personally feel that the only reason to not have
griefer players is to develop a sense of community, but even griefer
players can have an intelligent community.  I've seen it happen.

I mention these things because I feel that the article is a bit
one-sided and fails to show the other perspective on the issue.

Steve