[MUD-Dev] 3rd Axis for Bartle's 2 axis theory of MUD players

Rayzam rayzam at travellingbard.com
Fri Nov 8 09:06:59 CET 2002

From: "Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <olag at ifi.uio.no>
> "Rayzam" <rayzam at travellingbard.com> writes:

>> Truly, sensory input does determine your reality. Regardless of
>> what you know about the world. That may be why we're so good with
>> our imaginations.

> Illusions illustrate peculiar and more or less isolated aspects of
> our perceptual and cogntive subsystems. Some requires
> focusing. Not sure how clever tricks can tell us any substantial
> about sustained purely perceptual based immersion in virtual
> worlds...

Well, this was led by your suggestion that perceptual input wouldn't
override your own reality. Which is a pretty strong statement. I
gave a few instances where your reality is easily manipulated, and
in fact created by your perceptions. And that it can be altered.

Scientifically, the hypothesis you put out was 'There are no flying
pigs.' It's really hard to prove that true, just because you haven't
seen one. All it takes is one to disprove it. I gave about 3.

    rayzam
    www.travellingbard.com