[MUD-Dev] 3rd Axis for Bartle's 2 axis theory of MUD players

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Fri Nov 1 18:06:09 CET 2002

From: <Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com>

> Isn't flow just another word for concentration? 'Flow' has a few
> too many mystical connotations to me :)

Perhaps the mystical connotations are appropriate?  Anyway, it's
partly concentration.  There have been some medical studies on the
phenomenon, at a neurological level it's more like all non-essential
conscious brain activity has been turned off, and whatever functions
are required for the task at hand have been given full use of the
wetware.

--Dave