[MUD-Dev] In defense of "soloability" [was Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility]

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed May 29 05:26:52 CEST 2002

From: "Clay" <clayf at bu.edu>

> Players can feel shackled by this pressure, and chaining people
> together isn't a very good way to enhance your social setting.

Personally, I don't particularly get annoyed by the pressure, I get
annoyed because the calibre of players is so low. Soloability isn't
important to me because I don't want to play with other people, it's
important to me because there are usually no people I want to play
with. Yes, it's better to play with other people than to play alone,
but it's better to play alone than to play with assholes. And there
are a LOT of assholes.