[MUD-Dev] People were talking about resets..

Rayzam rayzam at travellingbard.com
Wed May 22 23:53:51 CEST 2002

From: "Michael Tresca" <talien at toast.net>
> On Monday, May 20, 2002 10:59 AM Fred Clift wrote:

>> I'd be interested to hear a bit more detail on what you do here -
>> what do you measure?  how do you keep track of things?  what
>> anti-speed-walk measures you take etc...

> Here's our help files on how it works.  Rayzam can answer the
> technical side of things:

The technical side is a series of checks that says you really didn't
get to 'explore' the room, i.e. spend time and see it.

  - You can't be in brief mode [suppress long descriptions].

  - You have to be able to see: doesn't work when blind, or using
  mindsight, infravision, etc.

  - If you're fighting as you enter the room, and fighting as you
  leave, it doesn't count.

  - If you're fighting as you enter the room, and die, it doesn't
  count.

  - If the NPC in the room jumps you as soon as you enter, and you
  flee or die, it doesn't count.

  [Note, in these 3 combat cases, if you are the victor, and you
  stay in the room, it counts].

Also, for the Bard Guild, they can gain bard points, used to improve
their musical instrument, by discovering new monsters/NPCs. Granted,
this is 'exploring' tied to GoP play, but it is another outlet
separate from Kill-for-Exp.

rayzam
www.travellingbard.com