[MUD-Dev] People were talking about resets..

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Wed May 22 19:15:46 CEST 2002

On Monday, May 20, 2002 10:59 AM Fred Clift wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear a bit more detail on what you do here -
> what do you measure?  how do you keep track of things?  what
> anti-speed-walk measures you take etc...

Here's our help files on how it works.  Rayzam can answer the
technical side of things:

There are many secrets to be found around the Retroverse, secrets
which will only be revealed to the diligent. To aid in giving an
explorer a sense of how far he has progressed, he can see the
percentage of the Retroverse he has explored in his 'score'. It is
also rumored that if the explorer takes the time explore with open
eyes, he will earn some experience when visiting new locations other
than the outerworlds for each of the six worlds.

Exploration gives experience. The greater your exploration
percentage, the greater the experience you receive.  Note: this
means you cannot be in brief mode, nor during a running battle.

You gain E% (explore) by traveling the Retroverse.  The more you
travel, the more E% you gain.  Your Explore Percentage represents
the percentage total of the entire Retroverse you have explored.  As
the world expands (areas get added) your E% will go down
proportionately.  As you travel, it will increase.  It's a good idea
to learn the lay of the land, and you should definitely know your
homeworld inside and out before you decide to journey somewhere
else.

The added benefit of traveling in this fashion is the experience
points gained from traveling.  It is highly recommended that newbies
simply travel rather than fight when they first begin adventuring.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org/talien