[MUD-Dev] [TECH] Voice in MO* - Phoneme Decomposition and Reconstruction

Ted L. Chen tedlchen at yahoo.com
Sat May 11 06:39:08 CEST 2002

From: Ted L. Chen

> Here's my first useful (hopefully) contribution to this list.
> This is primarily a brainstorming and partial feeler post about
> the subject of voice in MO* environments and more specifically,
> discussion about a possible technical direction for implementating
> it.  This desired feature has popped up several times in the past
> (Where are We Now? - May 2001).

Ugh, I hate replying to my own posts but I guess I should just stick
a foot in my mouth :) In my own defense, "phoneme" didn't pop up any
good hits on the archive search engine so I thought this topic
wasn't discussed before.  But going backwards through the archives
manually (good reading) I finally got to the short sub-thread:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2001Q2/msg01688.php

Sorry for the noise, but hopefully at least the Comp.speech FAQ and
English to Phoneme Translation resources might be of some interest
to people on that older thread.

TLC