[MUD-Dev] Games are Hot. Period

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Tue May 7 07:58:23 CEST 2002

This is from an email spam I got from WebProNews.  Note the claim
that games are now making more money than movies:

  The Games segment has maintained its 25 percent yearly growth and
  games now make more money than movies. There are forty-five
  million people playing games online this year, and Jupiter
  projects this number to reach seventy-three million in just two
  years. Gaming sites are the most popular entertainment websites,
  and player sessions on gaming portals are four times greater than
  general site averages.

  Now factor in the Everquest phenomenon - 400,000 rabid players
  immersed in an online fantasy environment. These errant
  Tolkien-ites may not be your target audience, but rest assured,
  Keith Ferrazi, CEO of YaYa, a Los Angeles based adgame builder,
  could design a similarly popular game to help sell your product.

  "The most avid gamers are young men and middle-aged women, but we
  believe that we can create a game for any demographic," said
  Ferrazi in his interview with Fast Company.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org/talien