[MUD-Dev] [MLP] The use of ecology models

Rayzam rayzam at travellingbard.com
Thu May 2 23:07:15 CEST 2002

>From Mark Eaton

> It makes me wonder what value players will place on exploration
> and the size of the world, when they can just walk a few minutes
> out from the city gate and stand around waiting for the system to
> decide to entertain them :)

I'd expect that the system is designed with gradients. Walk a few
minutes outwards and you might not see much. The rarer encounters
would be at local minima or maxima on the surface that is defined by
the different parameters for determining a spawn, one of which would
be distance from settlements. Whew, that's a mouthful.

    rayzam