[MUD-Dev] Blacksnow revisted

Bill Williamson batkiwi at happychinchilla.com
Fri Mar 29 10:50:02 CET 2002

From: "Caliban Tiresias Darklock" <caliban at darklock.com>

> Mythic can't say that. It's beyond their rights as a vendor of
> goods and services. You can't sell me a product on the condition
> that I don't do certain things with it after I own it, and you
> can't sell me a service on the condition that I *don't* purchase
> certain services from others. These are anticompetitive
> practices. So even if Mythic's EULA says things like that, it
> can't legally enforce them.

I cannot legally sublease my apartment.

I also cannot make structural changes, even though the apartment is
"mine."  If I look closely, I'd guess I'm not allowed to run a
business from it, mostly due to zoning.

You own your copy of the game (but due to dmca/blahblah you maybe
even dont own that :P, but that's a different discussion), but
you're leasing time and resources on their servers.