[MUD-Dev] NEWS: mooix beta 1 released (successor to perlmoo)

Fred Clift fred at clift.org
Tue Mar 26 10:22:17 CET 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Joey Hess wrote:

> Mooix is a new moo with a rather different architecture than most.
> Notably, every method runs as a separate process in a sanndboxed
> environment on a unix system, the unix filesystem is used to
> represent objects in an object-oriented way, and a non-unix
> security

So I logged in -- played with the toy duck for a minute or two.  I
also read some of your documentation -- it looks quite interesting.
Do you have any qualitive feelings about performance?  It seems that
there is a possibly double-fork overhead for each command?  for each
bit of state-change in the world?  I'm just curious how big of a
world you think you could build with this.

Would you be better off restricting the possible langugaes your code
is in and embedding an interpreter for the language?  ie embed perl
and evaluage all the different object's perl in that interpreter --
seems you would avoid all of the perl startup overhead...

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fred at clift.org -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.