[MUD-Dev] Online Worlds Timeline Update

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 1 23:07:36 CET 2002

On Saturday 23 February 2002 1:19, Christopher Allen wrote:

> I think it is worth nothing that Rick Loomis, the author of the
> play-by-mail game StarWeb, of Flying Buffalo, was the first to buy
> a computer just to play games in 1972. See

>   http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/history.htm

> for more details. It also has some information on Tunnels &
> Trolls, a very early RPG after D&D.

It was, in fact, the second published RPG -- and for a short time,
T&T had better sales than D&D.  For a lot more on the creation of
T&T, see:

  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/9921/itgrows.html

which is part of Ken St. Andre (the designer of T&T)'s web site.

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_     Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>