[MUD-Dev] The Future of MMOGs... what's next? (fwd)

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Fri Jun 21 10:31:15 CEST 2002

From: Matt Mihaly [mailto:the_logos at achaea.com]

> And actually, more than half our revenue is generated from people
> who say they heard about Achaea from a friend. Word of mouth is
> -extremely- powerful, and it's not limited to text. We've never
> borrowed money or took investment to advertise. We started off
> completely on word-of-mouth and advertised as and when we could
> afford to.

Have you ever done a write up of how you started, what kind of
feature set you had to originally bring players in, when you
introduced your revenue model & etc? I know you've made passing
comments about these things, but a little history of Achaea would be
fascinating. Of course I realise you might see it as giving away
competitive advantage, so I won't be offended if you don't want to
comment in any depth.

Dan