[MUD-Dev] Mudding and impact on academic grades

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Sat Jun 15 17:40:51 CEST 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Kwon Ekstrom wrote:

> I've noticed that generally people like to point out how muds are
> depriving people of education, but I've noticed (quite regularly)
> the reverse.  Sure there's alot of people without self-control who
> spend hundreds of hours on muds without any real care how it
> affects their future (I've spent more than my fair share on them).

Quite right. I certainly "wasted" a lot of time in college playing
MUDs, and was so addicted that I quit my first job after college
largely because it was depriving me of my MUDing time. Had I not
gone on to build a business out of that passion, I would have no
doubt regretted all that time spent, but as it is, I can only thank
my past self for his decision to spend so much time MUDing.

--matt