[MUD-Dev] Breaking down the walls

Brian Lindahl lindahlb at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14 20:34:13 CEST 2002

From: Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt <hhs at cbs.dtu.dk>

> If you impement that landmarks can be more than mere 'points' ,
> you could extend such a system to accept commands such as 'walk
> along road toward town' or 'follow forest edge toward river',
> using features that describe paths in the landscape will probaly
> greatly improve the navigation.

Right, I forgot to mention those in my description of my movement
system. Although, in addition to walking around the exterior of a
region, I had anticipated paths through forests which would just by
polygonal paths that could be followed, mainly trade routes and the
like.

-Brian Lindahl, coder of 'The Cathyle Project'