[MUD-Dev] Mudding and impact on academic grades

Anderson Anderson
Thu Jun 13 10:03:54 CEST 2002

From: David Clifton [mailto:demosthenes810 at hotmail.com]

> I might note, though, that in the end, it is the student spending
> their time on the MUSH, not the MUSH intruding into the life of
> the student.

Yeah, I've seen people complain that muds are ruining people's
lives.  It's the people ruining their own lives by spending too much
time mudding.  I saw a guy at college, was spending 15 hours a day
mudding.  Finally he quit so that he could try to pass his classes.
Next time I saw him, he was playing Diablo 15 hours a day.  Few
months later he quits.  Then he was doing paintball 15 hours a day.
It's not the mud that was ruining his college, it was him not having
enough self control.

The people who can't quit off to do their schoolwork, are the people
who will have trouble, even if they're not mudding.

Dave