[MUD-Dev] Blacksnow vs. Mythic News

Jon Lambert tychomud at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 13 01:14:49 CEST 2002

Steve (Bloo) Daniels wrote:

> Hmm.  Where did I hear someone say this case was all about the
> validity of the EULA?  Oh yeah . . . it was me.  >-)

So authors still OWN what they create and can still set the TERMS
and CONDITIONS of it's use.  Amazing!  Shocking!  Good call.

Rather interesting statement from their lawyer if you read between
the lines.  I'm thinking that his clients must have already moved on
to their next get-rich-quick scam.

Oh don't mind me while I dance around corpse, make a mountain out of
a molehill, and declare it a massive victory for Constitutional
principles.  *kof* In any event I'm certain it will continue to be
posted on slashdot.com and other silly sites that EULAs are invalid
and untested.

>From Article I - Section 8 of the US Constitution: "The Congress
shall have Power... To promote the Progress of Science and useful
Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the
exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;"

Congratulations to Mythic.  And here's hoping that Blizzard has a
similar victory over the parasites and pirates.

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com *--
--* Mud Server Developer's Page <http://tychomud.home.netcom.com> *--