[MUD-Dev] Breaking down the walls

Matt Chatterley matt at eldoops.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 00:38:53 CEST 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, David Clifton wrote:

[Big Snip]

> Personally, I'd definitely stick with that supplemental client you
> are contemplating :)

Heh. True. How common are custom clients these days? I've always
prefered to just be able to log into a game through my standard
telnet client and check it out before having to download and install
anything (mind you, in those days, I was still using a modem.. now
bandwidth is not an issue, really).

Are potential players (particularly those who are newer to mudding
as a whole) put off by the idea of needing a special piece of
software to connect, or has the availability of products such as UOL
etc made this a less daunting prospect to the community as a whole?

--Matt