[MUD-Dev] Blacksnow vs. Mythic News

Steve {Bloo} Daniels bloo at playnet.com
Tue Jun 11 23:01:22 CEST 2002

Haven't seen anyhting posted on the list.

  Unknownplayer.com reports on June 7, in an interview with Marc
  Jacobs, Mythic CEO, that the District Court ruled that the
  arbitration provision of Mythic's EULA is valid and binding
  against the Blacksnow principles.

In a sign that is *not* good, BSI's lawyer apparently attempted to
withdraw from the case.

  http://www.unknownplayer.com/archive/02/06/07/729.php

Another article at the same site reports on June 10th, that there
has been a ruling...  against BSI.  The article lacks clarity and
seems to drift onto KaZaa and other software that has EULAs.  It
could simply be reiterating what Mr. Jacobs said the Friday before,
that the District Court held the arbitration provisions of the EULA
valid and binding vis-a-vis BSI.  In legal parlance, this article is
mostly dicta not relavent to the merits of the case.

  http://www.unknownplayer.com/archive/02/06/10/737.php

I haven't been able to find any first-hand information or other
reporting on this topic.  Mythic and BSI may not be able to publicly
discuss anything at this time.

Hmm.  Where did I hear someone say this case was all about the
validity of the EULA?  Oh yeah . . . it was me.  >-)

-bloo