[MUD-Dev] Ownership

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Sat Jun 8 08:24:05 CEST 2002

One of my volunteers and I were chatting tonight about graphical
vs. text MUDs, and he said, "Well to me, I'm in my mind's eye. I'm
here, and even though you have your idea of how you look and how
your world appears, I have a diffeferent one. I have ownership of my
version of Achaea. When I play EQ I'm in someone else's 'Vision
(tm)'. To me, roleplay and enjoyment is all about ownership. You
don't like it, you don't make it part of your world."

I just thought that was an interesting comment.

--matt