[MUD-Dev] A Question on PvP and PK

Koster Koster
Thu Jul 25 16:35:25 CEST 2002

From: Damion Schubert

> And when players log onto a game and realize that, not only are
> they on the bottom of the ladder, but that it will take hours and
> hours of camping and learning in order to stand on even ground
> with their counterpart, they will make a decision as to whether or
> not this game is worth their tenacity.

It's worse than that. Talent is distributed unfairly in this
world. Most people will NEVER get good enough.

  (I have an essay brewing about power-law distributions, scale-free
  networks, the relationship between these systems and the "glory
  and shame" concepts, etc. But who knows when I will get to write
  it).

-Raph