[MUD-Dev] TECH:

Britt A. Green shecky at experimentzero.org
Thu Jul 25 12:11:41 CEST 2002

From: "Bruce Mitchener" <bruce at cubik.org>

> Something that I find useful in this regard is the Law of Demeter:

Thanks for the tips, Bruce.

After discussing it with my partner on this project, I think we've
roughly got it figured out. mudObjects - things like swords, armor,
and other items - will use methods when that object affects
something. For example, armor would have a method called
adjust_armor_class(). However it would not have a get_object()
method. Things like that would be better put in the game class
somewhere.

Although we could do it otherwise, we basically came to the same
conclusion you did with the Law of Demeter: some things are just
more harmonious. Not to mention it might create coding problems down
the road.

Again, thanks for the help! Actually, I've learned a lot just by
reading this mailing list. Very helpful and intelligent.

--
"My mom says I'm cool."