[MUD-Dev] A Question on PvP and PK

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Thu Jul 25 11:14:00 CEST 2002

On 7/24/02 8:55 AM, Jeff Lindsey <Jeff at nextelligence.com> wrote:

> Would you play a PvP game in which the penalty was replacing
> items/cash if obtaining them was fun, as opposed to 'farming' or
> 'camping'?

Depends greatly on the situation.  In the most general terms,
probably so.  However, I have yet to find an MMO game where
obtaining items or cash was "fun", especially solo.  I like group
play, but time zones and real life schedules make it the exception,
not the rule.

By temperament, I'm a hunter, not a farmer.  I really like taking on
new mobs or exploring new content.  I really hate killing 500 of
something, one at a time, so that I can get enough X to achieve goal
Y.

--Amanda