[MUD-Dev] Re: The Future of MMOGs... what's next?

Damion Schubert damion at ninjaneering.com
Mon Jul 8 12:29:44 CEST 2002

From: lynx at lynx.purrsia.com

> *I* think the problem would be trivially solved by having the DMs
> create precreated characters and forcing the players to use them
> instead of their own characters, but I doubt many people would
> enjoy that.  They want to play *their* characters being tiny
> little gods in the adventure.  They object to other people being
> tiny little gods and stealing all the glory/loot/experience.  They
> probably also object to the concept of multiple tiny little gods
> having done the adventure before and more tiny little gods
> following them and demanding they get through so that the other
> gods can have their turn.

You make it sound so _dirty_ that people want to create, advance and
have control over their virtual alter ego. =)

As it is, it seems to me that the BioWare guys came up with the two
best scenarios anyway.  Either play on a character that plays on
that server only, or a DM has an option to simply not allow a
character in the front door.

--d