[MUD-Dev] Finding What a Gamer Lacks in Their Day

rayzam rayzam at home.com
Fri Jan 25 00:37:23 CET 2002

From: "John Buehler" <johnbue at msn.com>

> But what does any of this have to do with my original point that
> entertainment provides stimuli that players are seeking?  If we
> look at entertainment at that level, then we should be looking at
> the things that the target demographic groups are most desireous
> of.  Do we have any psychologists running around here who care to
> speculate on the American psyche?

Or it provides avoidance of other stimuli. Play solitaire not
because you enjoy it, but because it fills time so you're not
bored. Watch tv, even when there's nothing on, because you're
procrastinating from some chore you really dislike.

You don't need the empty room to provide you with a stimulus, it may
just provide you with an escape from a stimulus you don't like, such
as a boring person.

rayzam