[MUD-Dev] Quake II has gone GPL

Frank Crowell frankc at maddog.com
Fri Jan 18 01:59:53 CET 2002

From: "Valerio Santinelli" <tanis at mediacom.it>

> UO is a good example of this. I've been part of the UOX project
> from those distant days in 1998 and I can assure everybody that
> whatever Origin did to obscure the code and the communication
> protocol, we've been always able to decript and understand it.

I have seen the way some of the hackers work and I am very
impressed.  I wish that professional programmers would work with
such dedication, organization, and passion. A good hacker is a 24/7
machine and is driven by the difficulty level.  There is no bragging
rights to hacking something that is publicly known.

frank