[MUD-Dev] Majestic and Failure of Episodic Games

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Tue Jan 15 17:12:13 CET 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Christopher Allen wrote:

> The article's main point was that in general, the 'game play'
> sucked.

Amusingly, one of the sessions at GDC this year is called "Viva la
Evolution". It's on episodic games, by Neil Young. You have to
wonder why a guy who led a game that failed so miserably (as I
understand it at least) is giving a lecture on the strength of the
episodic model. Yet another reason I shan't be giving GDC my money
this year.

--matt