[MUD-Dev] BlackSnow sues Mythic for online property rights

Jeff Cole jeff.cole at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 13 22:32:21 CET 2002

This case is hardly cut and dried.

With respect to the selling of items (as opposed to accounts), it
speaks to some very fundamental legal concepts of "property."

I think Blacksnow has a strong legal position (with respect to
items).  I am not sure why Mythic should have any interest in a
player's motivations (financial or otherwise) to effect a trade.

Hmmmm ... did someone say something about player's rights?

At any rate, if developers have to consider such incidental player
activity when the designing games, perhaps we'll see some better
designs with respect to the economies.

Yrs. Affcty,
Jeff Cole