[MUD-Dev] Girl appeal (was: Boys and Girls)

Marc Hernandez marc at ias.jb.com
Sat Feb 9 23:13:56 CET 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Matt Mihaly wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, John Buehler wrote:

>> I'll offer that girls want to relate or to facilitate relating.
>> Building works only when people are involved.  Rollercoaster
>> Tycoon is interesting because of the people that are using the
>> park.

> My girlfriend is downstairs right now playing Rollercoaster Tycoon
> with the people turned invisible, because they "get in the
> way". She doesn't care at all about the people. Mainly, she just
> wants to beat my score.

As another anecdote.  My wife played Diablo I and II much more than
me solo.  I am not sure of what her relationships were with the
monsters.

Additionally it seems like women that like gambling like the slots
vs liking the other, more social games.

--
Marc Hernandez
Two standards are better than one.