[MUD-Dev] Girl appeal (was: Boys and Girls)

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Fri Feb 8 13:29:49 CET 2002

From: "Matt Mihaly" <the_logos at achaea.com>

> Shrug, I have no idea why she *likes* it.

I see you don't particularly care, either.

If you did, you would have asked, and not needed the word "probably"
in your next sentence -- you would have *had* an explanation and
been able to evaluate its coherence.

So if you don't care, why are you talking about it?

> She probably couldn't give you a coherent explanation of why if
> you asked her.

Which would be a large part of the reasons we don't have a coherent
explanation of why girls like certain games.

Another large part would be that nobody bothers to ask.

> Really, I have no idea if her or how her reasons for playing it
> might differ from a man's. No one else on this list does either,
> that I've seen.

Oh, we have plenty of ideas. If you were paying attention, you might
have seen them. What we *don't* have is a definitive *answer*, which
is why we're discussing the ideas.

> In any case, I was just countering the endless anecdotal evidence
> with some of my own.

Evidence supports a conclusion. Since you didn't state a conclusion,
it wasn't evidence.