[MUD-Dev] Source data on Crossbow

Skaei at aol.com Skaei at aol.com
Wed Feb 6 07:03:18 CET 2002

I'm not quoting anyone since this reply is just some random thoughts
on what I have read so far.

I'm assuming that the brunt of this thread is talking about regular
bullets.  What of bullets such as hollow points that (I believe)
basically explode or tear apart upon impact?  I offer this for the
below random thought.

On the subject of shot victims falling down and the reasons behind
it.  I'm curious if anyone has thoughts as to the actual systematic
reaction of being shot.  Has there been enough time that the
body/mind knows something has caused serious damage (depending upon
location shot) and that perhaps plays a part in the body's collapse?
I'm thinking so.  Seems to me from a layman's perspective that the
mental state and the ability of the mind to receive its body's
messages is perhaps one of the biggest single factors.  Compare a
cracked up frenzied individual taking a bullet vs. a "sound" minded
individual being shot in the same location.  While I could probably
agree that the actual momentum from a bullet probably would not be
enough to knock down a person if looked at as the only single event
occurring when being shot, I would offer up that there is more
happening to the body other than just receiving impact.  I lean
towards that it is the other damaging events occurring and the
mind's ability to receive the body's messages about those other
events that lead to a person falling down when shot.  Any thoughts
from others on this?

Chris