[MUD-Dev] The changing nature of fun

Dubious Advocate dubiousadvocate at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 29 12:03:28 CET 2002

From: "Kwon Ekstrom" <justice at softhome.net>

> You can reduce downtime by doing things like... make renting a
> room at an inn give much enhanced regeneration... give players to
> do things while regenerating... etc.

I don't know if it's still true, but when I played GS3 there was the
"Treehouse" where most players came to congregate, and regeneration
was mildly faster.  Of course people came to recharge, got involved
in socializing, and stayed longer than was needed to leverage the
game mechanic.

Nice example of incented rather than corced socialization.

-----
Dave Scheffer
"Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself"