[MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM (was Complexities ofMMOGServers)

sama at perchetopi.org sama at perchetopi.org
Mon Dec 23 09:47:52 CET 2002

Caliban Tiresias Darklock <caliban at darklock.com> writes:

> Once you get into the LM/HM/MM arena, it's question 3 that matters
> most.  Pretty much any server that handles more than 10
> simultaneous players can probably handle as many as you throw in
> its direction, provided you put it on a fast enough box and hook
> it to a fat enough pipe.

I'm curious about this statement of yours.  It doesn't seem *that*
logical to me that a program which scales up to (let's say) 20-30 or
even 50 simultaneus connections can scale up to 2000 connections,
given just more bandwidth and horsepower.  Could you elaborate on
that?

Best regards,

andrea
--
Puoi non assaggiare				    andrea glorioso
Per veder se il gusto se ne va
Al prezzo che si ha				sama at perchetopi.org