Marc Fielding fielding at computer.org
Fri Dec 20 18:53:42 CET 2002

[Matt Mihaly]

> My point was that with an MSC model, a trade skill character is
> nearly free. The opportunity cost is not high. In an SCS model,
> far less people are going to make tradeskill characters.

Even under MCS, a tradeskill character won't be free. Unless the
player puts a good deal of time into it, the character's wares will
be uncompetitive with those created by *dedicated* members of the
same profession.

Under the SCS model, I'd agree that less tradeskill characters will
be created overall...unless blastersmithing is utterly sublime.  ;)

-Marc