Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Thu Dec 19 12:10:31 CET 2002

From: rayzam [mailto:rayzam at travellingbard.com]
> From: "Madrona Tree" <madronatree at hotmail.com>

>> Global/Cross-Server chat will be very important in allowing
>> friends to keep tabs on one another.

> That's a point I hadn't considered previously: the socializing
> aspect/communication between friends even when playing
> separately. I remember it being attempted in LPC via the Intermud
> protocols, but that never really took off [and I considered it a
> security hole to be plugged].

> Would that one feature solve the friends issue for you?

I see a problem, in that the most important chat channels are
guild/affiliation based. To have these available on an alternative
server doesn't seem viable if the organisations don't exist
there. Nor would it be particularly consistent.

Beyond the chat side, it would also require /who and /friends to
work cross server, which brings in swathes of other concerns.

Dan